My Money Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Money Forum

Make Money Online

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Identify Your Domain Name?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How To Identify Your Domain Name? Empty How To Identify Your Domain Name? Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 am

Admin

Admin

We will need to apply the common sense when selecting a domain name because your domain name, or web address, can cause an impact in both the online and offline marketing of your internet site. Long tail or difficult to spell domain names can get people to ignore your web site easily and is better you chose something that has to be pretty good for them to stick with it all the times. Always remember, short domain names is better to implant your visitors memories and further make them more easier to remember the web address of your website.

In applying the same psychological way of name branding for specific market, you can obtain a domain name that will help you to get the most out of your marketing niche and strategy. Like I mentioned before, you can use your business name as your web address. If your business name is already taken by somebody else then you can actually get a web address name close to what you are doing.

For example, if you business name is “My Info Products Inc…” and when you wanted to register “myinfoproducts.com” and found the name been taken by somebody else, you can actually choose a name like this “myresellbusiness.com” and this show at least the domain name is related to what you are doing.

Buying a domain name as your business name isn’t the only way to go, while using a keyword related domain name could be doing just fine.

If you are planning on using the .net domain name extension, you may want to hold on a while when deciding your name until you have found an available domain name that is suitable to the type of business you are running. If you follow the steps as stated below, you should be fine in identifying your name branding to the internet community.

1. Structuring Your Name Branding

You can place your domain name on your document or mail letterhead, business card, printed materials;
Put it on your phone recording,

At the side wind screen of the car or any place that are easily be viewable on the bumper of your car;
And of course don’t forget to include it on all of your email signatures.

2. Keep it Short, Sweet & Memorable

Don’t get a web address that uses all 30 letters of the alphabet. As mentioned above, long domain name will not get your visitors to memorize your website name easily.

3. Secure a .com domain name

I always strongly encourage my readers to purchase a .com domain name as opposed to a .net, .info, .biz or anything else if it is possible. If your chosen domain name is not available in a .com, you may keep looking until you find one that isn’t taken and try not to have more than 2 hyphens on the domain name. There is nothing wrong with the other domain name extensions but of course when you have a .com domain name extension, it is sounds like you’ve been doing business on the net for a long time that would be much easier to gain credibility.

lastly, what you need to remember is your domain name is an extension of your business and also it acted as your brand of product or service forever.

This article is written by me personally and has been posted to my hosting blog at http://www.hosting4wealth.net

https://mymoney.yoo7.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum